Who was Bob Ross?
Robert Norman Ross ( Born October 29, 1942), is an American Painter, who is famous for ‘The Joy of Painting’.
He is the inspiration of many artists and painters and even movies like Deadpool 2, Tare Zameen Par.
Ross is one of the famous people in pop culture, who influenced unique ways of painting.
We are going to learn about his life, career, and relationships. Let’s get going.
Bob Ross Quick Bio
|Real Name||Robert Norman Ross|
|Nick Name||Bob Ross|
|Date of Birth||October 29, 1942|
|Birth Place||Daytona Beach, Florida, North America|
|Profession||Painter, Tv Host|
|Net Worth||10 Million USD|
Where was Bob Ross born?
Bob Ross was born in Daytona Beach, Florida, North America, on the 29th of October, 1942.
From an early age, he was known to care for injured animals, for instance, snakes, squirrels, and alligators.
Reportedly, ross dropped out of his school in grade 9, as he was working with his father, as a carpenter.
Unfortunately, he lost his index finger while doing carpenter work, however, it did not impact his ability to hold a brush and palette while painting his famous arts.
Why was Bob Ross famous?
At the age of 18, bob enlisted in the United States Air force, where he served as a medical records technician.
The famous painter was promoted to the rank of master sergeant and also served as the first sergeant in the Eielson Air Force Base in Alaska.
Reportedly, he developed his painting ability and techniques during work breaks.
After few years of serving, ross leave the military to pursue his painting career.
Bob Ross Painting
Ross was very passionate about abstract painting, as he used to instruct viewers on how to wet on wet oil painting technique and painting a scene without sketching it first.
In the limited time, he explained his limited paint palette and deconstruction process in a simple way.
Ross used the television show to promote his line of art supplies and class recordings, with the help of Annette and Walt Kowalski.
Bob also used to film wildlife, like squirrels in a unique way from his garden, and also often take in injured animals.
Frequently small animals appeared in his Joy of Painting canvasses.
The talented artist was famous for his wet on wet painting method, where he painted over a thin base layer of wet paint.
Bob Ross Death
When did Bob Ross die?
At the young age of 52, the famous painter passed away due to Lymphoma.
His last remains are conserved at ‘Woodlawn Memorial park in Gotha, Florida.
Bob’s health was only kept in his family circle and friends, which became public until his death.
Despite being passed away 29 years ago, he still has a massive presence in the real-world and online community.
His official Instagram account is named ‘bobross_thejoyofpainting’, which has 186 thousand followers.
The famous Instagram has about 383 posts and follows 71 people, as of 2021.
Robert also has an active Twitter account with 31.2 thousand followers, which showcased his videos and paintings.
What is the height of Bob Ross?
The famous painter was 6 feet and 1 Inch equivalent to 1.8 Meters.
Furthermore, he used to weigh around 80 kilograms equivalent to 176.3 Pounds.
Bob was of American Nationality and belonged to White Caucasian Ethnicity.
Robert had big physical features and a round facial structure.
Moreover, he had big brown eyes and iconic afro hairstyled brown hair.
Who did Bob Ross married to?
Ross’s first wife was ‘Vivian Ridge’, whom he had a son named ‘Robert Stephen “Steve” Ross.
Vivian also was a talented painter and occasionally appeared on the famous ‘Joy of Painting’.
His son steve featured on the last episode of season 1, where he read a series of how-to questions from fans.
Unfortunately, they got divorced in 1992, and Bob got married to his second wife ‘Jane’.
Jane died in 1992, due to cancer and after two months, ross got married to ‘Lynda Brown’.
Furthermore, he lived his life in privacy and provided less information.
Robert’s father was ‘Jack Ross’ and his mother’s name was ‘Ollie Ross’.
His father was a carpenter and ollie was a waitress, who lived in Orlando, Florida.
Bob grew up with a half-brother named Jim, whom he talked about on his show.
What is the net worth of Bob Ross?
The famous painter was worth approximately a massive 10 million USD when he was alive.
He works as a painter, Tv show host, and a huge icon in pop culture.
Ross company ‘Bob Ross Inc’ today is worth about 15 Million USD, which provides classes to other artists.
His paintings like Mountain Retreat, Northern Lights, Winter Night, Old Mill, Bubbling Stream, and Alaskan Waterfall are worth millions of dollars in current time.
The famous painter lived a fabulous and passionate life, where he made some world-renowned paintings.
Let’s look at some of Robert’s Trivia and awesome facts.
- Ryan Renolds portrait the famous painter in the movie ‘Deadpool 2’.
- Google celebrated ross’s 70th birthday with a google doodle on the 29th of October 2012.
- A board game named ‘Bob Ross: The Art of chill’ was released in honor of the Artist.
- Robert also featured in games, Tv shows, and movies, for instance, ‘Family Guy’, The Boondocks, and ‘Smite’.
- The streaming platform Twitch also hosted a nine-day marathon of ‘The Joy of Painting’ on October 29, which has over 5.6 million viewers.
- Ross invited to ‘Hank show’.
- Bob ross’s paintings were the inspiration for the popular Bollywood movie ‘Taree Zameen par’, featuring the superstar Amir Khan.
- Fans and followers of Bob Ross have many things planned for the year 2020, in order to pay tribute to the famous painter but had to postpone, due to coronavirus pandemic.
- In the current market, Boss Ross’s paintings are worth millions of dollars.
- He was the pioneer of oil painting, where he used to combine large one and two-inch brushes, as well as painting knives to paint quickly.
- Furthermore, the American painter painted three versions of almost every painting featured on his show.
- Bob famous dedicated the first episode of the Second Season of The Joy of Painting to the legendary Bill Alexander.
- He liked to dry off a brush dipper in odorless thinner by striking it against a can of thinner and also enjoyed cleaning his brush.
Image Credit: @bobross_thejoyofpainting/Instagram, Google Images